Thaw Pipes Safely with Steam Cleaning
Frozen pipes can cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time and if your pipes aren’t thawed properly, you can end up with even more damage. Leave your frozen pipe repair to One Hour Rooter. We’ll have you thawed out in no time with our professional steam cleaning method for safely thawing frozen pipes.
Call One Hour Rooter for fast frozen pipe repair at 612-354-8984.
Steam Cleaning Pipe Thawing Services
Every Minnesota winter brings the potential risk of frozen water pipes. Extreme cold combined with extreme wind chills can leave pipes inside and outside your home vulnerable. When water inside a pipe freezes, it expands not only resulting a blockage, but also excess pressure that can cause leaks, cracks or even a burst pipe. Prevention is important, but if you have or suspect that you have a frozen pipe, it’s time to call in the professionals at One Hour Rooter.
We use a proven and safe method to thaw frozen pipes quickly without causing more damage called steam cleaning. Steam cleaning safely melts the frozen pipe, gently heating it up to get the water flowing again and relieving the built-up pressure quickly. Unlike other pipe unfreezing methods, using steam to thaw them is considered safe for nearly any pipe.
Signs of a Frozen Pipe
When your pipe bursts and water is spraying everywhere, it’s easy to see you have a problem. But a burst pipe is not the only sign of a frozen pipe. Look for these other warning signs of a frozen pipe.
- You are experiencing a noticeable drop in water pressure
- You can’t draw any water at all
- You can see frost on exposed pipes
- There’s an unusual smell coming from your pipes or drains that could signal a blockage
If you are experiencing any of the above issues, give us a call at 651-354-8984 right away. It’s possible that we’ll be able to thaw your frozen pipe before any damage occurs. You may also want to shut off your main water supple to reduce the pressure on your pipes and minimize flooding if they were to burst. It can be tempting to try and thaw your pipes yourself, but we really don’t recommend that as it can be dangerous and lead to more damage. You can read little bit more about why in our DIY Pipe Unfreezing Dos and Don’ts.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
Here are a few things you can do to help prevent frozen pipes before they occur.
- Allow a small trickle of water to run through an open faucet at night so the water stays moving and is unable to freeze.
- Open cabinet doors under your sinks and in storage areas to allow warm air from the room to circulate around the pipes.
- Insulate exposed pipes in unheated areas or against uninsulated exterior walls, such as garages and crawl spaces.
- Keep the heat set no lower than 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain out your sprinkler system and disconnect and drain all outdoor hoses and water spigots, shutting off water to them for winter when possible.
Need a Plumber?
Fill out the form below and we’ll be sure to get in touch just as soon as we’re available!
Call One Hour Rooter Plumbers Today!
Don’t let frozen pipes burst your day. Call the pipe thawing experts a One Hour Rooter today at 612-354-8984 or schedule an appointment online. Our steam cleaning method for safely thawing any frozen pipe will have you thawed out in no time. Plus, our skilled team of licensed plumbers will be able to repair or replace any pipes that were damaged by the freeze.