SEWER MAINLINE REPAIR
Sewer Mainline Repair: When Your Largest Drain Has Big Problems
Your sewer mainline is the largest drain in your home, into which all the other drains in your home empty. After the sewer mainline exits your home it connects with the city sewer mainline located beneath your street.
If you ignore sewer mainline issues they won’t go away. Instead, they can result in the need for expensive repairs and even require replacement.
How to avoid this? Call One Hour Rooter Plumbers at 612-354-8984 to perform sewer mainline repairs as soon as you experience problems.
When Is It Time to Call One Hour Rooter?
Problems with your sewer mainline can be brought about by a number of things, including tree roots penetrating your pipes, aging pipes, loosesoil around your pipes or grease build up in your pipes.
Call our professional plumbers in Maple Grove if you notice any of the following:
- Raw sewage backing up into your drain, toilet, or tub
- Pipes that make a gurgling sound
- Water coming up from your basement floor drain
- Recurring backed up drains in toilets, sinks, bathtubs, and showers
- Water backups in the shower after the toilet is flushed
- Foul sewer smell
- Soggy indented patches of grass on your lawn
Quite often, clogs can reside deeper in the plumbing system than your chemicals or tools can reach. That’s why it’s important that a licensed plumber using professional tools assess the situation and correct it for you.
Even if you don’t have clogged drains, it’s wise to get your drains professionally cleaned at least once a year. This way, you’ll likely avoid expensive repairs or replacement that could result from pipes that have been neglected.
Need a Plumber?
Fill out the form below and we’ll be sure to get in touch just as soon as we’re available!
Fixing the Problem
There is no one way to repair a sewer mainline. The solution depends upon the reason for the problem. At One Hour Rooter, we’re skilled at determining the cause of issues and then effectively repairing them.
- Assessing the situation: This may require a video inspectionduring which our camera will detect if there are blockages as well as determine the integrity of your pipe surfaces and walls.
- Offering recommendations: Depending onthe cause of the problem, we’ll offer you professional long-term solutions. For example, if tree roots are penetrating your pipes, tree removal may be necessary. Or, if you live in an older home, your pipes may be aging and need to be replaced.
- Removing clogs: If the culprit is a clog, we may recommend hydro jetting. This is a process which uses a special pressure washer to clean the drain with up to 4000 pounds per square inch of water pressure.
- Communicating along the way: We’ll make sure you understand the process and give you a timeline. It’s important to be aware that sewer repairs can often take up to two days.
- Fixing the problem: We’ll review all your options with you, and upon your approval, we’ll get to work!